From LINUX.CONF.AU 2020
If you are into craft beer there are quite a few good local Breweries here and plenty of places around Broadbeach to sample
- Bavarian Beer Cafe (2 Oracle Boulevard)
- Loose Moose Tap and Grill House - https://www.theloosemoose.com.au (On edge of Oasis Shopping Centre)
- Soho Place (Red telephone door) - directly across Gold Coast highway from convention centre- more clubby, obly 2 beers on tap, one low carb....
- Kurrawa Surf club is actually pretty decent - does good cocktails too and is right on the beach
- Casino - if you don't mind being around Casinos - plenty of places there. It's attached to the Convention Centre so super easy. https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/bars
- Broadbeach Tavern (formerly Liar's Bar) - recently refurbished - sport bar, often very busy. https://www.broadbeachtavern.com.au. Ocean site of Oasis Shopping Centre
Slightly further from Broadbeach
- Surfers Paradise - House of Brews (Orchid Avenue - http://houseofbrews.com.au - massive selection)
- Burleigh Heads has a lot of great places - no tram, but a short bus ride south from the Tram terminus.
Further from Broadbeach
- https://blackhops.com.au - Great local brewery - one of the founders Dan is a well known local tech entrepreneur and used his money made to help start this place. If a bar or restaurant sells Black Hops - you know it's good. They have a new tap room up by Arundel on the North end of the coast - but original HQ is in Burleigh - check out their brewery tour. It's fun.